The Rotary Club of Mill Creek was formed over 30 years ago and today consists of over fifty members. The club is part Rotary International, an organization of more than 1.2 million men and women united worldwide, to provide humanitarian service, to encourage high ethical standards in all vocations, and to build goodwill and peace throughout the world.
The Rotary Club of Mill Creek’s members (called Rotarians) have one thing in common, a desire to perform service and give back to the local and worldwide community. Some of our more recent club projects include:
- Awarding annual scholarships to graduating seniors from Archbishop Murphy and Jackson high schools and Sno-Isle Tech
- Delivering thousands of wheelchairs, through the Wheelchair Foundation, to Guatemala, Chile, Armenia, Panama, Honduras, and El Salvador
- Providing vitamins and medical supplies to clinics in Guatemala for women of child-bearing age
- Acquiring vans for Mill Creek Senior Center, Mill Creek Food Bank and Cocoon House
- Supporting ongoing audiology projects for children in Guatemala
- Providing scoreboards for Archbishop Murphy High School and Mill Creek’s Freedom Field
- Outfitting computers for the Mill Creek Senior Center
- Helping sponsor “Challenge Day” at Jackson High School
- Bringing clean water and improved sanitation to four remote villages in Guatemala
- Conducting food and shoe drives
- And, much more!
Members meet every Wednesday at lunch at the Mill Creek Country Club to listen to great speakers, recognize local scholars and organizations, discuss projects, and to socialize. Join us at a future meeting to find out more. See www.millcreekrotary.org